Provides day to day oversight of the operation and staffing of assigned residence. Functions as a role model and an effective leader for the assigned residence, using teamwork as the foundation for the effective functioning of the program. Maintains the clinical integrity of the program and ensures that the developmental, physical, emotional, and social needs of consumers are met within the context of a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) model.
- Ensure individuals are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Minute Man Arc’s Human Rights Policy and DDS regulations. Ensures the agency’s Positive Behavior Support model is the guiding foundation for all services.
- Demonstrate a high regard for each person and sensitivity for cultural values, expectations, and goals of individuals and their families.
- Focus on ensuring consumer growth and development and consumer satisfaction as primary goals, regularly seeking feedback and input from individuals served.
- Support individuals to be fully integrated members of their community by offering frequent opportunities to participate in a range of activities, to make use of community resources, to make personal connections and to be productive and contributing members of society.
- Ensure individual instruction and skill development activities in the areas of personal care, meal preparation, money management, household skills, safety and community awareness and any other areas specified in the Individual Support Plan.
- Provide effective personnel management and supervision of direct support staff, including training, staff meetings, payroll, and performance improvement assessments.
- Provide on-call coverage and back up on-call coverage as designated.
- BS/BA in a social service field or the equivalent of two years related experience.
- Experience with adults with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Experience leading/supervising staff
- Knowledge of management practices including state and federal regulator regulations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
If you possess these attributes and the desire to enhance lives while benefiting from an environment that allows you to directly and favorable impact the lives of people with developmental disabilities and the community they live in, we would welcome speaking with you and encourage you to apply today!