Ensures the highest level of excellence of support and training is provided to individuals with development disabilities. Implement community based plans for members to increase employability and community skills./ Responsible for providing reliable and courteous transportation to individuals with safety a top priority; provide a communication link between individuals and staff; operate and maintain assigned vehicles; and to maintain vehicle and individual’s records. Ensures the provision of a safe and nurturing environment as well as opportunities for individuals to experience a variety of activities that promote community inclusion.
- With the Community Based Day Services team, provide input and execute the key components of a personal plan for the purpose of developing employment and/or community skills.
- Affirming Individual Rights and Dignity including, but not limited to ensuring that individuals are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Minute Man’s Human Rights Policy and DDS (Department of Developmental Services) regulations.
- Follow individual’s ISP goals and interventions, collect data as needed, and provide input into annual planning.
- Provide individual and group instruction on social, community and safety skills.
- Teach and model appropriate social interaction, emphasizing appropriate habits, behaviors, and attitudes.
- Provide personal care as needed.
- Supporting Choice and Decision Making, including but not limited to supporting individuals in making meaningful choices about their community opportunities and options.
- Operate and maintain transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and consumer courtesy. Practice defensive driving
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections. Keep assigned vehicles clean.
- Maintain accurate, up to date records on trip sheets, consumer transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested.
- Assist individuals in and out of the vehicle ensuring that all required safety equipment is utilized in the process of transporting consumers. This will include, but may not be limited to, operating ramps, lifts, and utilizing securement devices, as needed.
- High school diploma / GED and 1 year experience working with individuals with disabilities
- A valid driver’s license and a minimum of three years driving experience with a safe driving record.
- Obtain, and maintain, certification in First Aid, CPR, and Drivers’ Safety and other mandated trainings
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals verbally.
- Must be able to work independently while demonstrating effective time management, organizational, and planning skills.