Develop and implement community based plans for members to increase employability and community skills. Seek out, market to, obtain and maintain a bank of community based activities. Responsible for providing reliable and courteous transportation to individuals with safety a top priority.
- With the Community Based Day Services team, Develops and executes the key components of a personal plan for the purpose of developing employment and/or community skills.
- Seek out, market to, obtain, and maintain a bank of community based activities.
- Train assigned caseload on community living, safety skills, i.e. money management, use of community resources such as the library and restaurants, safety skills, shopping for work/interview clothes, job tours, volunteer work, personal grooming etc., in individualizing training methods to each person’s learning style.
- Develop all required individual’s ISP goals, assessments, support strategies and interventions, set up, and collect data.
- Ensure progress notes and reports are maintained and reflect individual goals.
- Provide personal care as needed.
- Operate and maintain transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and consumer courtesy.
- Transport individuals to homes, businesses and agency sites.
- Assist individuals in and out of the vehicle ensuring that all required safety equipment is utilized in the process of transporting consumers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or experience in Human Services may substitute for education.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Valid driver’s license and a minimum of three years driving experience with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to work independently while demonstrating effective time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Obtain and maintain certification in CPR/FA and other mandated trainings.