Works with Assistant Directors, the Director of Residential Services and House Managers to support assigned residences. Uses teamwork and Positive Behavior Support as the foundation for effective functioning of the program to ensure that all individuals receive the highest quality of services possible.
Takes an active role in the development and improvement of the Residential Program and the agency as a whole with the goal of ensuring a best practices program and agency, including (but not limited to) the development and maintenance of new best practice initiatives and the development of new Residential programs.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with individuals, staff, families, community members and others; presenting self and Minute Man Arc in a positive and professional manner.
- Focuses on ensuring consumer growth and development and consumer satisfaction as primary goals; regularly seeking feedback and input from persons served.
- Supports the development and implementation of proactive skill development plans and interventions within a PBS framework, which place an emphasis on self-management and direction and increased independence.
- Supports individuals to be fully integrated members of their community by offering frequent opportunities to participate in a range of activities, to make use of community resources, to make personal connections, and to be productive and contributing members of society.
- Functions in a backup capacity for one or more House Managers in their absence.
- Experience with adults with developmental disabilities preferred
- BA/BS in social services field or two years related experience
- Must be able to work independently while demonstrating excellent judgment, effective time management, organizational, and planning skills
- Able to utilize a computer to maintain records – minimally must be able to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software preferably in Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers’ license, an acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Able to obtain, and maintain, certification in First Aid, CPR, Medication Administration, Drivers’ Safety, Human Rights, Fire Safety, and Universal Precautions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks